Public Notice Re: April 6 Election
CONSOLIDATED GENERAL ELECTION APRIL 6, 2021
CANDIDATES FOR ELECTION
The following information is pertinent for the filing of nominating petitions of potential candidates seeking a position of municipal offices. Prior to filing, A Candidates' Guide for 2021, issued by the Illinois State Board of Elections, is available on the State of lllinois Board of Elections web site, www.elections.il.gov.
TERMS OF OFFICE AND VACANCIES:
VILLAGE OF ADDISON MAYOR -One (1) to be elected Four ( 4) year term
VILLAGE OF ADDISON CLERK -One (1) to be elected Four (4) year term
VILLAGE OF ADDISON TRUSTEE-Three (3) to be elected Four (4) year terms
VILLAGE OF ADDISON LIBRARY TRUSTEE- Four (4) to be elected
Two (2) to be elected to Six (6) year terms
One (1) to be elected to a Two (2) year term to complete an unexpired term
One (1) to be elected to a Four (4) year term to complete an unexpired term
Petitions circulated for independent candidates, new political party candidates and nonpartisan candidates who are required to file for the Consolidated Election may be circulated beginning September 22, 2020. The filing period is December 14-21, 2020.
New Political Party Candidates-Not less than 5% of the total number of persons who voted in the last local election.
Independent Candidates-Not less than 5% nor more than 8% of the total number of persons who voted in the last local election.
Nonpartisan Library Candidates-A number of qualified voters residing in the district equivalent to at least 2% of the votes cast at the last election for library trustees, or 50, whichever is less.
NOMINATION PAPERS FILED BY A CANDIDATE SHALL CONSIST OF:
1. Nominating petition sheets, or a Certificate of Nomination when the nomination is made by a party caucus;
2. Statement of Candidacy;
3. Receipt for Filing a Statement of Economic Interests; and
4. Loyalty Oath (optional).
5. Notice of Obligation
FILING OF NOMINATING PETITIONS:
DATES: December 14-21, 2020
PLACE: Office of the Village Clerk, 1 Friendship Plaza Addison, IL 60 I01
HOURS: 8:30 AM- 4:30 PM, Monday through Friday
NOTE: Simultaneous filing of candidate nominating petitions for the same office occur only at 8:30 AM on the first filing day and the last day of filing at 5:00 PM. The local election official (Village Clerk) shall break such ties by means of the lottery system as approved by the State Board of Elections, within nine (9) business days following December 21, 2020.
1. Names in alphabetical order and then numbered.
2. Assigned numbers of candidates placed into container.
3. After thoroughly shaken and mixed, number is drawn and the first number drawn shall be certified ahead of the other candidates listed. All remaining numbers drawn shall be listed 2"\ 3rd, etc. Petitions filed simultaneously at 5:00 PM on the last day of filing will follow the same process with the number drawn certified last on the ballot.
Village of Addison
Lucille A. Zucchero
September 8, 2020
(Revised September 10, 2020)