Information on Closings in the Community
The Village of Addison continues to monitor the rapidly emerging Coronavirus COVID-19 situation. Village officials are in frequent contact with representatives from all of our local taxing bodies, as well as township, county and state officials.
Residents should keep the following in mind:
- All public and private schools in Illinois are closed as of March 17, as mandated by the Governor’s office. At this time, Addison School District 4 and DuPage High School District 88 plan to return to school on April 6. Continuity of education will be provided to families.
- School Districts 4 and 88 have partnered to ensure that students have enough to eat. Anyone 18 and under in need of breakfast and/or lunch may visit locations throughout the community between 10 a.m. to noon, Monday through Friday. For a complete list of locations, click here.
- Addison Township Food Pantry is also providing food to families Tuesdays and Thursdays, 9 to 11 a.m.
- Addison Police Department will handle as many non-emergency situations over the phone as possible. Residents who need to file a police report are discouraged from coming to the Police Department lobby; instead please call 630-543-3080. In an emergency, please continue to call 911.
- The Addison Public Library, Addison Historical Museum and Addison Park District facilities are closed until further notice. Due dates for library materials have been extended, and nothing is due until the building re-opens; however, the drive thru drop off remains open.
- Field Traffic Court at Village Hall has been cancelled until April 13.
- Beginning at 9 p.m. Monday, March 20, all restaurants and bars will be closed through March 30. Many may remain open for delivery, drive through and curbside pickup. Whenever possible, residents are encouraged to patronize our local restaurants for these services, as they will be hit very hard by this:
o Wingstop (Delivery, Pick Up)
For printable list, click here.
As things change, we will do our best to keep our residents informed.