What You Need to Know
The best way to prevent illness is to avoid being exposed to this virus.
- Avoid all non-essential travel
- Limit contact with those outside your "home unit."
- When out in public, keep your social distance of at least six feet.
- If you are feeling sick, please stay home. Do not go to work, shopping, church, etc.
- Cover your sneeze or cough with a bent elbow.
- Wash your hands thoroughly and frequently with soap and water.
Illnois Governor J.B. Pritzker issued a "Shelter in Place" Order on March 21, which prohibits unnecessary public gatherings. However, if you are healthy, you may still go to work, shop for essentials – such as groceries and medicines, and go outside for exercise.
As of May 1, face coverings are required in all indoor public spaces, where social distancing cannot be maintained. Stores and businesses can deny access to people who are not utilizing a face covering. Face coverings are NOT required outdoors, UNLESS social distancing cannot be maintained. Face masks can be utilized, as well as bandannas, scarves and other materials that cover the nose and mouth.