Information for Seniors
Both CVS and Walgreens will deliver prescriptions for free, by signing up online or downloading their mobile app. Upgrade Pharmacy, located in the Edward Elmhurst Medical Center also offers free prescription delivery – call 630-458-8880.
Senior Shopping Hours
The following businesses will allow senior citizens only during these hours:
- Aldi – Tuesdays and Thursdays, 8:30 - 9:30 a.m. (also includes pregnant moms)
- Caputo's – Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays, 6 - 7:30 a.m.
- Dollar Tree – Daily, 9 - 10 a.m.
- Jewel – Tuesdays and Thursdays, 7 - 9 a.m.
- Jimenez – Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Fridays, 8 - 9 a.m.
- Len's Ace Hardware – Daily, 8 - 9 a.m.
- Sam's Club – Tuesdays and Thursday, 7 - 9 a.m.
- Walgreens: – Tuesdays, 8 - 9 a.m.
- Walmart: Tuesdays, 6 - 7 a.m. (You may also place an order online and have it delivered free)
Addison Township Food Pantry
Food distribution Tuesdays and Wednesdays, 8 - noon. Pre-bagged food will be brought directly to your vehicle.
DuPage County Senior Services
DuPage County Senior Services offers a number of programs that facilitate an independent lifestyle for county residents, aged 60 or older, and provides information on other benefits for which seniors may qualify. Call 630-407-6500.
Addison Police Department
Seniors who do not have the required face covering or mask needed in public beginning May 1 can contact the Police Department to get one.
Receive Important Updates
The Village utilizes several methods to get information to the community, in addition to this website.
- CodeRED – register to receive emergency notifications to your cell phone or email
- eNotify – register to receive an email or text when a News Bulletin or message from the Mayor is posted to this website
- Addison Connected – download the free mobile app, available for Android or iPhone
- Facebook: VillageofAddison
- Twitter: @AddisonVillage