9-1-1 Dispatcher – Village of Addison Police Department
Addison Consolidated Dispatch Center
Summary of Position and Duties:
The Human Resources Division of the Village of Addison, Illinois is accepting applications for the purpose of filling one (1) vacancy in the position of 9-1-1 Dispatcher. The Village of Addison will also be using this recruitment to create a hiring list that may be used to fill future vacancies in the position of 9-1-1 Dispatcher. The hiring list will be valid for one (1) year from the date of the test. In order to be placed on this hiring list, all applicants must take and pass the test that is administered for this position. The Dispatcher is an at-will, FLSA non-exempt position in the Addison Consolidated Dispatch Center. Dispatchers are assigned to answer all 9-1-1 emergency and non-emergency calls for police, fire and emergency medical services for the Villages of Addison, Bensenville, Bloomingdale, Westmont, Glendale Heights, Itasca, Wood Dale, the DuPage County Forest Preserve District and the following Fire Protection Districts: Addison, Wood Dale, Itasca, Westmont, Tri-State, and Pleasantview. Future expansion in the number of jurisdictions this dispatch center will handle is possible. Dispatchers may be assigned to any one of the three following shifts which commence at: 1. 6:30 am 2. 2:30 pm and 3. 10:30 pm.
All applicants must meet the following minimum requirements to be an eligible candidate for this position:
- Must also be capable of obtaining CPR, EMD and matron certifications within a time-frame established by the Village of Addison and maintain those certifications on an annual basis;
- Ability to obtain certification as a Full Access LEADS operator by the Illinois State Police within a time-frame established by the Village of Addison;
- Possess a high school diploma or G.E.D. equivalent;
- Ability to pass a written examination, a full police background investigation, psychological and physical examination, drug, hearing, and vision screenings and a personal interview;
- Conduct a ride-along with members of the Addison Police Department;
- Be able to sit at the Addison Consolidated Dispatch Center Radio Room and observe the operations of the Center, as required by the Village;
- Ability to work nights, weekends, and holidays, along with any expected/unexpected overtime that may be mandatory;
- Schedule flexibility and multi-tasking skills in a stressful environment are paramount;
- Pay a $45.00 non-refundable application processing fee. This fee must be paid in full in order to apply for this position.
Beneficial qualifications include:
- Experience in successfully dealing with the public, in person and over the phone, on a very frequent basis, including the ability to handle irate, difficult, upset and demanding customers with professionalism and courtesy;
- Possession of at least two (2) years of experience in Emergency Service or other related fields as a Dispatcher;
- Possess a Class D Illinois Driver's License, free of incidence which may result in license suspension or revocation of certification;
- Full-access LEADS (Law Enforcement Agency Data System) certification;
- CPR/AED certification;
- Computer/data-entry experience;
- Experience with computer-based, multi-line telephone equipment.
To apply for this position or obtain additional information, please
visit the following website: http://www.applytoserve.com
For instructions on submitting an online application, click here.