Visitors > Media Information
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
August 7, 2013
Doree Krage, Asst. Director
Community Relations Department
630/543-4100, ext. 7550
12TH ANNUAL 'ADDISON BY THE SLICE' HANDS OUT 10 AWARDS
The Village of Addison concluded its Summer of Special Events with its biggest event of the season, the 12th Annual “Addison By the Slice” Pizza Bakeoff, and more than 1,500 hungry visitors joined in the celebration.
The event was sponsored by Allure Skin & Laser Center, Alta Villa Banquets, Elmhurst Clinic, Robert Morris University and Swap.com. Crowds enjoyed a craft fair, entertainment by Tony Ocean and visited with Crime Prevention Officers from the Addison Police Department during National Night Out.
Three judges also gave out awards in eight categories during a blind taste test inside Village Hall, but attendees were given the opportunity to vote for the best pizza, selecting the “People’s Choice” Award.
The winners were:
- Best Cheese Pizza – Alta Villa and Zio Tony’s (tie)
- Best Pizza Sauce – Alta Villa
- Best Sausage Pizza – Alta Villa
- Best Thin Crust Pizza – Alta Villa and Zio Tony’s (tie)
- Best Deep Dish/Stuffed Pizza – Pyramid Club
- Best Specialty Pizza – Pyramid Club
- Judge’s Choice – Alta Villa
Attendees determined the final award by casting ballots throughout the evening. For the 12th consecutive year, the People’s Choice was awarded to Nardi’s Tower of Pizza.
Contest judges were:
- Chris Theilman, Coordinator of Culinary & Hospitality Management at College of DuPage
- Manny Hernandez, Culinary student at College of DuPage, and Banquet Sous Chef for Hotel Arista in Naperville
- Giangela Stokes, Miss Addison 2013 First Runner Up.
# # #