Visitors > Media Information
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
August 7, 2012
Doree Krage, Asst. Director
Community Relations Department
630/543-4100, ext. 7550
NATIONAL NIGHT OUT CELEBRATED WITH ‘ADDISON BY THE SLICE
It was another hot night Addison, but nearly 2,000 hungry visitors came out to the Village Green to sample the best pizza Addison has to offer, at the 11th Annual “Addison By the Slice” Pizza Bakeoff.
The event was sponsored Itasca Bank and Trust Company. Crowds enjoyed a craft fair, entertainment by Kick Sum 44 and visited with Crime Prevention Officers from the Addison Police Department during National Night Out. The 95.9 The River Road Crew and the Illinois State Treasurer’s Office’s “I-Cash” Team was there as well.
But it the was the opportunity to sample pizza from four different local pizza kitchens that once again drew the crowds, who were then given the opportunity to vote for the best pizza, in the “People’s Choice Award.”
Three judges also gave out awards in eight categories during a blind taste test inside Village Hall.
The winners were:
- Best Cheese Pizza – Nardi’s Tower of Pizza
- Best Pizza Sauce – Pyramid Club
- Best Sausage Pizza – Pyramid Club
- Best Thin Crust Pizza – Pyramid Club
- Best Deep Dish/Stuffed Pizza – Nardi’s Tower of Pizza
- Best Specialty Pizza – Uncle Pete’s Pizza
- Judge’s Choice – Nardi’s Tower of Pizza
Attendees determined the final award by casting ballots throughout the evening. For the 11th consecutive year, the People’s Choice was awarded to Nardi’s Tower of Pizza.
Contest judges were:
- Chris Theilman, Coordinator of Culinary & Hospitality Management at College of DuPage
- Manny Hernandez, Culinary student at College of DuPage
- Blessing Steele, Miss Addison 2012
“Addison By the Slice” is presented by the Village of Addison, as part their Summer of Special Events.
# # #