Visitors > Media Information
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
August 2, 2011
Doree Krage, Asst. Director
Community Relations Department
630/543-4100, ext. 7550
NATIONAL NIGHT OUT CELEBRATED WITH 'ADDISON BY THE SLICE'
The threat of rain didn’t keep the crowds away from the Addison Village Green
Tuesday night, as more than 1,500 came out to sample the best pizza Addison has
to offer, at the 10th Annual “Addison By the Slice” Pizza Bakeoff.
The event was sponsored by 95.9 The River, Itasca Bank and Trust and Salute
Concrete. Crowds enjoyed entertainment by Paparazzi and visited with Crime
Prevention Officers from the Addison Police Department during National Night
But it the was the opportunity to sample pizza from four different local pizza
kitchens that once again drew the crowds, who were then given the opportunity to
vote for the best pizza, in the “People’s Choice Award.”
Four judges also gave out awards in eight categories during a blind taste test
inside Village Hall.
The winners were:
- Best Cheese Pizza – Zio Tony’s Pizzeria
- Best Pizza Sauce – Uncle Pete’s Pizza
- Best Sausage Pizza – Nardi’s Tower of Pizza
- Best Thin Crust Pizza – Zio Tony’s Pizzeria
- Best Deep Dish/Stuffed Pizza – Uncle Pete’s Pizza
- Best Specialty Pizza – Uncle Pete’s Pizza
- Judge's Choice – Uncle Pete's Pizza
Attendees determined the final award by casting ballots throughout the
evening. For the 10th consecutive year, the People’s Choice was awarded to
Nardi’s Tower of Pizza.
Contest judges were:
- Chris Theilman, Coordinator of Culinary & Hospitality
Management at College of DuPage
- Manny Hernandez, Culinary student at College of DuPage
- Kevin Larson, former Technology Center of DuPage
culinary student, and currently Line Cook at the Peninsula
- Haley Nichol, Miss Addison 2011
“Addison By the Slice” is presented by the Village of Addison, as part their
Summer of Special Events.