The Village of Addison offers seasonal branch pickup service to residents. Branch pickup will begin on the first Monday of each month, April through November, and finish by the end of the week, regardless of where you reside within the Village.
To qualify for the Village’s Branch Pickup Program, branches must be on the parkway the Sunday before the scheduled pickup week. The service dates are listed below. Contracted crews will pass down each street only one time, and only one collection will be made Village-wide per month.
|Sept. 4 * (Tues.)|
* Pick up delayed due to holiday
The requirements for Branch Pickup are as follows:
- Branches must be placed curbside on the parkway, not in the street, stacked in one direction, with the thicker ends facing the street. DO NOT cross stack branches.
- Branches shall be limited to eight feet in length and 8 inches in diameter.
- Limbs larger than 8 inches in diameter shall be cut into 16-inch log lengths and placed separate from the branches.
- Branches shall not be tied with string, wire, etc.
- Branch piles containing root balls, lumber, metal, glass, yard waste or other debris, as well as large branch mound that have been multi-directionally cross stacked, will not be picked up.
- Branches shall not be stacked in the alley or along private drives. These will not be picked up.
- No contractor cuttings will be picked up. **
- Branch piles shall not be placed on the the parkway prior to or after the weekend prior to pick-up. All branches must be stored in the back yard until then.
The Village's Branch Pick-up program is truly a service to Addison residents. It encourages each resident and building owner to pride themselves in the health, aesthetics and value of their home, building, surrounding yard and landscape. It promotes the community's desire to beautify our neighborhoods while maintaining safe and healthy surroundings. Each month, April through November, a resident or building owner has the opportunity to place branches out curb-side in front of their property. The programs service level may range from the pick-up of a single broken branch placed out on the parkway, to the pick-up removal of a resident's entire tree, cut up and stacked as specified under the program's requirements.
** Trees and branches cut by a privately contracted company, or individuals hired by a resident or property owners do not qualify for the Village’s Branch Pickup Program. Branches, trees and/or logs of this type must be properly disposed of by said private contractor, or other private service.
Should you have further questions, please contact the Village of Addison Public Works Department at 630/620-2020.