The Village continues an aggressive abatement program in an effort to control mosquitoes and the associated occurrence of West Nile Virus. Contracted monitoring and spraying is performed several times throughout the season.
The catch basin treatment program is performed under contract. Approximately 4,000 Village catch basins and water holding inlets are treated with Natular XLT 180-day briquettes, Altosid 150-day briquettes and/or Vextolex CG granules to control the species of mosquito that vectors West Nile Virus each year.
CITIZEN MOSQUITO HOTLINE (800-942-2555)
Village of Addison residents are encouraged to call the Clarke Call Center for the following primary reasons:
- To report excessive mosquito annoyance conditions
- To report stagnant water areas after a heavy rainfall
- To find out information about the products being sprayed
- To request to be added to the call list for notification before an adult mosquito control application is made
- General information about mosquitoes and homeowner tips
- To find out operational scheduling information (when WCMAD was sprayed last or will be sprayed in the future)