Home > Residents >
Building & Zoning > Building
Building Permits: Garages and Driveways
- A paved driveway is required to provide access to a garage.
- No attached garage or carport may be converted to a living area unless the
driveway can be relocated to the side yard. A minimum 10-foot side yard is
required for a driveway.
- A detached garage must be located in a rear yard, and setback a minimum of
10 feet from the house, 5 feet from all lot lines, and completely off any
utility or drainage easements. Setback regulations for attached garages
varies depending upon the zoning district.
- Detached garages shall not exceed 17 feet, one story in height, or exceed
the height of the main structure.
- All driveways must be hard-surfaced, either asphalt, concrete or paving
- Driveways shall not exceed 24 feet in width where they cross the property
- No alterations to the curb are permitted without approval of the Community
- A permit is required from the Community Development Department for
installation, replacement or resurfacing of a driveway.