Residents > Trash Removal
> Branch Pickup
The Village of Addison offers seasonal branch pickup service to residents. Branch pickup will begin on the first Monday of each month,
April through November, and finish by the end of the week, regardless of where
you reside within the Village.
To qualify for the Village’s Branch Pickup Program, branches must be on the parkway the Sunday before the scheduled pickup week. The service dates are listed below. Contracted crews will pass down each street only one time, and only one collection will be made Village-wide per month.
Branch Pickup Service Dates
|Sept. 5 * (Tues.)
* Pick up delayed due to holiday
The requirements for Branch Pickup are as follows:
- Branches must be placed curbside on the parkway, not in the street,
stacked in one direction, with the thicker ends facing the street. DO NOT
cross stack branches.
- Branches should be limited to eight feet in length and
8 inches in diameter.
- Limbs larger than 8 inches in diameter should be cut into 16-inch log lengths and
placed separate from the branches.
- Branches should not be tied with string, wire, etc.
- Branch piles containing root balls, lumber, metal, glass, yard waste or
other debris, as well as large branch mound that have been multi-directionally
cross stacked, will not be picked up.
- Branches should not be stacked in the alley or along private drives.
These will not be picked up.
- No contractor cuttings will be picked up. **
- Branch piles should not be placed on the the parkway prior to or after
the weekend prior to pick-up. All branches must be stored in the
back yard until then.
The Village's Branch Pick-up program is truly a service to Addison residents.
It encourages each resident and building owner to pride themselves in the
health, aesthetics and value of their home, building, surrounding yard and
landscape. It promotes the community's desire to beautify our neighborhoods
while maintaining safe and healthy surroundings. Each month, April through
November, a resident or building owner has the opportunity to place branches out
curb-side in front of their property. The programs service level may range from
the pick-up of a single broken branch placed out on the parkway, to the pick-up
removal of a resident's entire tree, cut up and stacked as specified under the
** Trees and branches cut by a privately contracted company, or individuals hired by a resident or property owners do not qualify for the Village’s Branch Pickup Program. Branches, trees and/or logs of this type must be properly disposed of by said private contractor, or other private service.
Should you have further questions, please contact the Village of Addison Public
Works Department at 630/620-2020.