Legal Notice-Consolidated General Election
CONSOLIDATED GENERAL ELECTION
APRIL 2, 2019
CANDIDATES FOR ELECTION
The following information is pertinent for the filing of nominating petitions of potential candidates seeking a position of municipal offices. Prior to filing, A Candidates’ Guide for 2019, issued by the State Board of Elections, is available from the Village Clerk or the State Board of Elections web site, www.elections.il.gov/
TERMS OF OFFICE AND VACANCIES:
VILLAGE OF ADDISON TRUSTEE- Three (3) to be elected Four (4) year terms.
VILLAGE OF ADDISON LIBRARY TRUSTEE- Two (2) to be elected Six (6) year terms.
Petitions circulated for independent candidates, new political party candidates and nonpartisan candidates who are required to file for the Consolidated Election may be circulated beginning September 18, 2018. The filing period is December 10-17, 2018.
New Political Party Candidates- Not less than 5% of the total number of persons who voted in the last local election.
Independent Candidates- Not less that 5% nor more than 8% of the total number of persons who voted in the last local election.
Nonpartisan Library Candidates- A number of qualified voters residing in the district equivalent to at least 2% of the votes cast at the last election for library trustees, or 50, whichever is less.
NOMINATION PAPERS FILED BY A CANDIDATE SHALL CONSIST OF:
1. Nominating petition sheets, or a Certificate of Nomination when the nomination is made by a party caucus;
2. Statement of Candidacy;
3. Receipt for Filing a Statement of Economic Interests; and
4. Loyalty Oath (optional).
5. Notice of Obligation
FILING OF NOMINATING PETITIONS:
DATES: December 10-17, 2018
PLACE: Office of the Village Clerk
1 Friendship Plaza
HOURS: 8:30 AM- 4:30 PM
Monday through Friday
NOTE: Simultaneous filing of candidate nominating petitions for the same office occur only at 8:30 AM on the first filing day and the last day of filing at 5:00 PM. The local election official (Village Clerk) shall break such ties by means of the lottery system as approved by the State Board of Elections, within nine (9) business days following December 17, 2018.
1. Names in alphabetical order and then numbered.
2. Assigned numbers of candidates placed into container.
3. After thoroughly shaken and mixed, number is drawn and the first number drawn shall be certified ahead of the other candidates listed. All remaining numbers drawn shall be listed 2nd, 3rd, etc. Petitions filed simultaneously at 5:00 PM on the last day of filing will follow the same process with the number drawn certified last on the ballot.
Village of Addison
Lucille A. Zucchero
September 18, 2018