Home > Businesses
>Operating a Business in the Village > Business Licenses
All businesses are required to have a Village of Addison Business License to
operate in the Village of Addison. The license is issued annually and is valid
from January 1 through December 31. Vending or coin-operated machines also need to be licensed.
The following are processes that should occur before a business license is issued:
- To verify zoning and if the requested use is permitted at a particular location, contact Arlene at (630) 693-7525.
- If you would like to schedule an optional FREE pre-sale/pre-lease inspection, contact Sandy at (630) 693-7521.
- Complete a business license application and submit it, along with $125 background fee plus $25 for each additional owner, to the Finance Department. Click here for business license application packet. Please contact Bridget at (630) 693-7573 with business license questions.
- The Addison Police Department will contact you to set up fingerprinting. There is an additional fee charged by the State of Illinois that will be required at fingerprinting.
- Upon approval from the Police Department, you will receive a call to come in and pay your business license fee (based on square footage and type of business).
- Once your business is operating, you will receive a call from the Community Development Department to schedule a business license inspection. Once approval is given by the inspector, your business license will be mailed to you.